1 | Follower 2 | Events
About meI’m happy to say that I semi-retired when I was laid off from my full-time job two years ago and set myself up as a freelance writer. I’ve worked for travel companies for 20+ years and have always had the travel bug. Some of my best vacations are solo. I love the flexibility and being able to follow my muse. When time permits, I spend time getting my travel blog off the ground. I’ve also spent a lot of time learning the ins and outs of content marketing, blog writing, SEO, etc.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Always buy travel insurance, because you never know ...
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I would spend a month in Europe starting with Switzerland. It’s next up on my bucket list. My daughter and I have been planning a vacation that centers around taking the train through the Bernese Oberland for two years now, and I’m ready to do this!
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Rail. It took a little getting used to when I used it exclusively during my two weeks in Germany 3 years ago. By the time I visited Italy a year later I had it pretty well figured out. I love being able to sit back and let someone else take the wheel.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- When traveling outside the U.S. I start my packing list a month in advance in case I need to order gear online, and begin packing two days before departure. For shorter trips, I start the process a week in advance.