6 | Events
About meI am 45 years old and reside in the San Francisco East Bay. I majored in English in college but chose Early Childhood Education as a vocation. I've been a lifelong traveler, especially enjoying annual trips to large license plate conventions (I collect plates), and in 2017 went on a solo cross-country trip. I've come to really enjoy travel writing and hope to make it at least part of a career.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- The earliest vacation I can remember, in 1985 the summer I turned 10, we went around the western United States. A combination of great landscapes, national parks, family stops, and a few junkyards where I added to my license plate collection.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Admittedly I'm not skilled in low-budget traveling, but in general I stay on the modest side of everything.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Italy, because it's my "home country" on my dad's side. I prefer US travel, but Italy is on my bucket list.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- I can't thing of a single one, but I'll never forget as a young man getting from France back home using seven different types of transportation by myself: ferry, taxi, bicycle, walking, etc.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Within a day, usually. The farther/longer the trip, the more in advance I might pack; in general though I might think about it well before I actually pack.