Featured Member BadgeThe Nomadic Network Chapter Leader
About meI’m a Canadian, married to a Belgian, living in Ireland with our Labrador retriever. I haven’t figured out the punchline yet, but when I do you’ll be the first to know.
I moved to Ireland to do more travel, and it worked. I’m loving exploring Europe, and have fallen in love with Italy, especially its people and its food. And the wine, obviously.
I love travel, but hate traveling.
I love airports, but hate security.
I love flying, but hate airplanes.
I love meeting new people & tasting new food, full stop. (Did I mention that it’s all about the food?)
And I'm a sucker for a great travel story. Tell me yours!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- My home country, Canada. But Italy has stolen my heart - the sights, the people, and the eats.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Walk! Avoid taxis, they’re a fortune. Take buses or trains, which are not just cheaper, but they let you see the country in a new way. And stay in locally owned accommodations like guesthouses or B&Bs-cheaper and the people are amazingly helpful.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Patagonia. China. Nepal. Iran. Honestly, anywhere there's nature, history, warm hearts and good food!
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Surprising? Hmm...maybe dog sled. We’ve snowshoed and canoed a lot too - Canadian, eh!
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Usually that day or the night before. But I always have a go-bag ready with essentials!