About meI am a 32 year old active individual that loves travel and spending time with friends. I practice Jiu Jitsu several times a week, and I work out nearly every day. I am an avid reader, gamer, and movie fanatic. Recent transplant to Milwaukee, but COVID-19 has made that an interesting transition. I would love to connect about other's travel experiences! I most recently went to Japan, and my cover photo is me at the Pokemon center in Ikeukuro in Tokyo.
- Reason for joining
- I am interested in learning more travel tips and finding ways to connect with a wider traveling network.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Heidenheim, Germany. I visited Germany when I was in high school while I was traveling the world fencing. The history in Heidenheim and the experience we had there was incredible with the German national fencing team. It made me love travel
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Don't be afraid to ask locals for recommendations of restaurants that are off the beaten path. Some of the best food and reasonably priced places I have eaten at were away from the hustle and bustle of main tourist areas.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- India. India because I have always wanted to go there. Indian culture is one I want to know more about and learn more about their history.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A single engine jet sitting next to a crate of chickens. My fencing coach took me from Kiev in the Ukraine to his home village. The only way there was a charter plane, and I was sitting next to a bunch of chickens being delivered.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- A month. I spend a lot of time planning my trips, and I want to make sure that I have everything that I need.