Have you been dreaming about taking a backpacking trip around the world, but are unsure of how to start planning or saving for it?
Many people envy the travelers who actually complete these long-term backpacking trips. However, those same folks never take the steps to create the reality for themselves. Sure, it can be intimidating at first, but there are many travelers doing it who want to help you get started on your own solo adventure!
Our speaker, Brian, traveled for 22 months working and volunteering his way through Australia, Southeast Asia, India, Cuba, and more. Fed up with the frustrations of public education, he left a tenured teaching position to book his one-way ticket to Hawaii, and never looked back! What he learned along the way about himself, other cultures, and places broadened his perspective and changed his life.
Solo backpacking surely tests your physical and emotional limits, but it is how we learn from these setbacks and adapt in real-time that helps transform an amateur into a true pro. Come along to inspire your next big trip!
Join Us To Learn
- How to embrace new experiences while making smart and safe decisions
- Ways to build upon strengths and working on weaknesses as you travel alone
- Booking experiences, transportation, and accommodation ahead of time vs. on-the-fly
- What it’s like living in hostels
- Practical tips about budgeting, applying for visas, and LGBTQIA+ traveler safety
- How to overcome waves of homesickness, loneliness, and culture shock while traveling for extended periods of time
- Educational tidbits about cultures, customs, and cuisines that Brian encountered
…and much more!
About Our Speaker
Brian Michalski is an educator who has spent a collective three years solo backpacking 30 countries. As he gears up for future adventures, he currently tutors children in Chicago and shares his travel tales at over 100 local organizations.
Connect with Brian Michalski
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/endlesspassport
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/seebriantravel
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/brianmichalskitravels
Note: All of our events run on a pay-what-you-can basis as we strive to be as inclusive as possible. We also appreciate any support you can are able to give. Thank you!