There are many aspects of a long-term trip to consider when you’ll be on the road for over a month. It is usually easy to find a friend to watch your house, water plants, etc. for a short time, but you probably don’t want to leave your house empty, your mail uncollected, or your mortgage and other bills unpaid if you will be absent long-term. What about health insurance? Will your car start when you return? Will your pipes freeze?
Cathy Fulton rarely travels for less than three months at a time. Her longest trip was two years! She has learned—sometimes the hard way—how to deal with all these unexciting details that interrupt your sleep at night in the months before you embark, and wants to help you navigate them easier.
Join Us to Learn How to:
- Manage your personal business at home
- Deal with the “stuff” you are leaving behind
- Hold on to your apartment without paying rent
- Be prepared for possible emergencies
- Use planning techniques that will streamline the first days of travel
- Stay in touch with friends and family back home
She will share the many resources she has used for several years to be worry-free from the concerns at home and embark with confidence to her next destination.
About Our Speaker
Cathy Fulton ( @CathyFulton ) is a fiber artist, travel blogger, and the author of Dream. Plan. Travel. Your Guide to Independent Travel on a Budget. She avoids the normal tourist sites, choosing instead to discover ways to experience cultures deeply as she travels. She looks for people who share her passion for local cuisine and the fiber arts. As a result, she has met hundreds of people, many of whom have become lifelong friends. Learn more about Cathy at CathleensOdyssey.com.
Connect with Cathy
- The Nomadic Network: @CathyFulton
- Website: https://cathleensodyssey.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cathleensodyssey
- YouTube: Cathleen’s Odyssey
- Book: https://cathleensodyssey.com/product/dream-plan-travel-e-book