We’ll meet at 9am for a small group hike in beautiful Rock Creek Park in the Northwest part of the city.
- Level of difficulty: Moderate (medium) difficulty so it’ll be a physically strenuous activity and is not for those who may have some health conditions or issues. Having said that, we’ll make sure we stay on track, break for water often, and make sure no one gets lost.
- Meeting spot: We’ll meet at the map signs by the front of the parking lot near the Rock Creek Park Nature Center and Planetarium and hike for 2-3 hours and finish around 12pm.
- What to bring: Proper shoes and weather appropriate clothing. Plenty of water and snacks as well.
- RSVP: Please be sure to register in advance so we can get an accurate headcount.
- Rain plan: If the weather isn’t suitable for a hike this time, we’ll gather for breakfast together at Open City (2331 Calvert St NW, Washington, DC 20008) at 9am to talk travel and enjoy each others company (no hiking shoes required!)
If you’re new to The Nomadic Network, we’re a chapter-based organization created by the expert budget traveler Nomadic Matt. We host events for travelers across the country and virtually. Our mission is to connect travelers to people and resources that get you traveling cheaper, better, longer, and more! It makes us happy to introduce great people to great people. And let’s face it, travelers are some of the greatest people. That’s why we’ve formed this traveler network after all. This event is open to travel lovers of any kind, so bring a friend, partner, or cool co-worker with you. Or come solo and make some friends!
Thanks again for being part of the Washington, DC Chapter of The Nomadic Network and we look forward to hiking with you!