Full datetime event:New York - Thursday, August 13, 2020From 21:00 to 22:00Los Angeles - Thursday, August 13, 2020From 18:00 to 19:00London - Friday, August 14, 2020From 2:00 to 3:00Athens - Friday, August 14, 2020From 4:00 to 5:00Singapore - Friday, August 14, 2020From 9:00 to 10:00Sydney - Friday, August 14, 2020From 11:00 to 12:00
DescriptionDID YOU KNOW...
- 200 people (approximately) have visited every country in the world.
- 565 people have made it to outer space.
Think about that.
Let that sink in.
Over the past several years, there has been a growth in the extreme travel category, defined as those who are traveling to every country in the world (otherwise known as "Country Counters").
With that movement, there is an on-going discussion about how many countries are actually in the world. It's absolutely fascinating to hear how people are carving out the world in this challenge to see it all.
In this FREE virtual meetup of The Nomadic Network, we will hear from Ric Gazarian, who is on a quest to travel to every country in the world. So far, he himself has made it to 142: globalgaz.com/where-ive-been/
Some points Ric will discuss with us:
- How many countries are there in the world?
- What is a country?
- What counts as visiting a country?
- Why should you visit every country in the world?
- Who is traveling to every country in the world?
- What it takes to be an extreme traveler?
- How to get started?
- How to prepare?
You may think you know what a country is, but I assure you, Ric has knowledge that will blow your mind.
As Ric travels, he shares must-see places, unique experiences, and off the beaten path locations through his stunning photography and articles on his blog, globalgaz.com. He also interviews the most-traveled people in the world, those who have traveled to all 193 countries, on his podcast, Counting Countries (globalgaz.com/counting-countries).
- On Nomadic Matt: www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/adventure-race-overland-travel
- Writings: globalgaz.com/about
- Photos: www.instagram.com/globalgaz
- Podcast: globalgaz.com/counting-countries
HELP SUPPORT THE NOMADIC NETWORK
While our program is free, a lot of work goes into making it happen. If you’d like to support our community, please check out our Patreon (patreon.com/nomadicmatt) where you can get untold travel stories, photos, weekly Q&As, free guides, courses, and more as part of your monthly membership. If you'd like to make a one-time donation, you can do so via Paypal (nomadicmatt.us/donate5). Our suggested donation is $5 for this event!