Full datetime event:New York — Thursday, January 27, 2022From 12:00 pm to 1:00 pmLos Angeles — Thursday, January 27, 2022From 9:00 am to 10:00 amLondon — Thursday, January 27, 2022From 5:00 pm to 6:00 pmAthens — Thursday, January 27, 2022From 7:00 pm to 8:00 pmSingapore — Friday, January 28, 2022From 1:00 am to 2:00 amSydney — Friday, January 28, 2022From 4:00 am to 5:00 am
Since the 1980s, Japan has been one of the most popular countries to teach English in.
With 7 years of teaching experience under her belt, Mia will share her experiences of living and working as an ESL teacher in the Land of the Rising Sun. Since 2015, Mia has taught in all types of schools and settings, teaching everyone from kids to adults.
In this talk, she’ll share her tips and advice on teaching English in Japan, teaching in general, and life in Japan.
Some key takeaways will include:
- What is required to become an ESL/EFL teacher in Japan
- How to find a teaching job and the application process
- What a day in the life is like for an English teacher in Japan in a private English school
- How to fund your travels by teaching online
- The differences between visiting a rural area vs. a bustling city in Japan
- The must-try cultural activities in Japan
Mia Townsend is a traveling teacher, mental health advocate, and aspiring travel coach! She works as an ESL instructor both virtually and in person. She's taught in many places around the world, from Japan to rural Georgia to Thailand. Her online students hail from every corner of the earth. Aside from traveling, Mia is a community enthusiast and recent drone pilot.
Connect with Mia: