Full datetime event:New York — Tuesday, February 22, 2022From 8:00 pm to 9:00 pmLos Angeles — Tuesday, February 22, 2022From 5:00 pm to 6:00 pmLondon — Wednesday, February 23, 2022From 1:00 am to 2:00 amAthens — Wednesday, February 23, 2022From 3:00 am to 4:00 amSingapore — Wednesday, February 23, 2022From 9:00 am to 10:00 amSydney — Wednesday, February 23, 2022From 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
As a Black traveler, you may feel unrepresented in the travel community. Open any travel magazine and you'll realize that there are very few people of color featured in the articles and ads.
Occasionally, you'll read something from a Black travel writer, but the vast majority of voices being heard are white. So...where can Black travelers look for information as they plan their trips abroad?
Lawrence recognized the need for sharing reliable travel information for Black travelers and founded Green Book Global (GBG). This platform centers Black travelers voices so Black people can safely and confidently explore the world! It's akin to a Black "TripAdvisor" so POC can get reliable travel information from other travelers who have been there and done that. Travelers rate cities based on various categories, the most important being: what it is like to Travel While Black.
In this talk, you'll learn:
- How traveling while Black is different
- What inspired Lawrence to create GBG
- Destinations with that are deemed best for Black travelers
- How to use, create a profile, and earn money through the platform
- Features of the site that will be useful for your next trip!
- The power of community in a space that feels lonely
Note: You do not have to be a Black traveler to attend this talk. Feel free to come to learn about GBG, be an ally to the community, and hear about tools that any traveler can use.
Lawrence Phillips is a Diversity Equity & Inclusion Consultant and the Founder of Green Book Global. Lawrence founded GBG after a 30-country, 7-continent round-the-world adventure. Green Book Global's mission is to inspire and empower Black travelers to confidently explore the world, and it's doing just that. Today, over 5,000 destination reviews have been left by thousands of Black travelers from all over the world!
Connect with Lawrence:
- Website: https://greenbookglobal.com
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/greenbookglobal
- Lawrence's LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/lawrence-omar-phillips
- GBG Linkedin: https://linkedin.com/company/green-book-global
- TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@greenbookglobal
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/greenbookglobal
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/greenbookglobal