2 | Followers 4 | Events
About meI grew up in a suburb of Milwaukee Wisconsin and fell in love with travel thru childhood camping trips with my family. Almost every summer weekend my brother, sister and I would help my parents pack the camping gear into the station wagon and off we'd go on camping adventures near and far. My favorite trip as a child was a three week road trip in a van my dad rented. We left Wauwatosa, and traveled out to Yosemite California, stopping at several national parks along the way. I was hooked. Along with travel, I love photography and journaling to save all the memories. I am a semi retired ER RN married to an ER physician and we have 5 incredible children, all of whom have been bitten by the travel bug. I look forward to meeting new friends and learning new sites to see and far away places to visit. Hello and let's go!!
- Reason for joining
- I am a fan of Matt's. I follow his websites on Facebook and Instagram for travel tips and stories from other travelers. I'd like to continue to do so.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Road trips all over the USA
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Keep a journal. Just a few words of places to stop, things you've done, places you'd like to return to and ones you'd rather not. It's amazing when you go back and read how one or two words can bring back a string of wonderful memories.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I'd go to Greece. I have never been and it's at the top of my bucket list. From the pictures I've seen of the white cliffside cities to the incredible blue water of the Aegean Sea, it looks magical to me.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A hover boat
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I make a list about a month in advance. A week in advance, the suitcases come out and the packing begins.