About meGrant has a Bachelor of Science in Sociology, and has mentored international students through the Cultural Ambassador Conversant Program (CACP) at Oregon State University. Volunteering with CACP introduced Grant to his best friend Jose from Colombia. Jose came to Oregon knowing little English and through our friendship his English competency has grown tenfold.
Grant previously has traveled to Europe for three months and learned more about himself in 90 days than 29 years of life. Grant is inspired by experiencing cultures throughout our world and realizing life outside the lens. Don’t take life for Granted!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Denmark. Understanding the value of heritage and family from across the sea.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Bring a jar of JIFF peanut butter. Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches for days. Quick, easy, cheap, and delicious.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- The moped "Scotter McGavin" on the island of Gotland, Sweden. We both had scrapes after those few days.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I start packing a week in advance and take pictures of what I brought. Makes packing next time that much easier.