Featured Member BadgeThe Nomadic Network Chapter Leader
About meMy Mad City chapter friends know me as Greg Bhutan Esq., and I am ready to travel virtually anywhere! I recently had yet another birthday (damn things won't stop coming), and my goal is to get to as many places on Earth before I turn to dust. I'm a journalist by trade, but you shouldn't hold that against me. I'm a vagabond in spirit, and I love talking to people about travel. Hit me up if you're ever in the Badger State. We'll go out for fried cheese curds and Old Fashioneds!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- I found images of Jamaica in the encyclopedia (the beta version of the internet) when I was a kid and couldn't believe the beauty. Been there twice. Never disappoints.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- If you don't speak the language, have your hotel/hostel/hovel desk clerk write the address in that country's language so a taxi will know where to take you if you get lost.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Bhutan, of course. Any place that puts an emphasis on the happiness of its residents is a place I need to be.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Donkey. Don't ask.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Documents? Three months. Packing? A day to a week. If I start too soon, I forget stuff.