About meHi! I’m Jess - a certified wanderer, language nerd and culture craver teaching you how to go from tourist to traveler. Growing up, I had low self-esteem and felt so different from everyone else, which pushed me to explore things that were foreign to me. With billions of people in the world and thousands of languages, why would I be the same as anyone else? After decades of wandering, I noticed a huge problem for travelers - over-tourism. It can be frustrating getting lost in crowds and experiencing rushed trips. Together we can become global citizens through slow travel and cultural connections!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Florence, Italy
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Book flights and accomodations as far in advance as possible. Instead of booking a flight, for example, to Rome with a layover, buy a flight to the layover town, then buy the separate flight to Rome. Also, one way tickets for multi-destination trips.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Anywhere on the west coast of Sicily for amazing food and fantastic sunsets
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- SITA bus on the Amalfi coast
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- A week before a trip I will lay out on my bed all of the things I want to bring with me. I pack once. Then, the day before, I unpack and try to eliminate as much as I can.