About meCiao! My name is Jess and I am a high school Italian teacher. Travel and languages have been my passion for over 15 years. My goal is to create a travel planning company that also offers language tutoring and tour options. I love to travel so much and I would go anywhere, although I keep returning to the same countries (Italy, France, and Spain) to gain a deeper cultural understanding. Sometimes, I feel like I am returning "home" even though I am in another country. I have also traveled to Portugal, Tunisia, and the Netherlands. and recently took a 6 week trip that took me to Lisbon, Naples, Sicily, Calabria, and the Amalfi Coast where I found a distant relative.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Florence, Italy
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Book flights and accomodations as far in advance as possible. Instead of booking a flight, for example, to Rome with a layover, buy a flight to the layover town, then buy the separate flight to Rome. Also, one way tickets for multi-destination trips.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Anywhere on the west coast of Sicily for amazing food and fantastic sunsets
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- SITA bus on the Amalfi coast
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- A week before a trip I will lay out on my bed all of the things I want to bring with me. I pack once. Then, the day before, I unpack and try to eliminate as much as I can.