1 | Following 13 | Events
About meAbout Jocelyn Jacinto:
As an artist, a community builder, a traveler, spiritualists and an entrepreneur, I live life with a purposeful existence.
In my website, I want to incorporate the essence of who I am, what and why I do the things I enjoy achieving, and how I want to accomplish it.
To me, the essence of my existence is to live a life of purpose.
1. As an artist, the last 31 years has been an incredible journey for me creating artworks by drawing in colored pencils, charcoal, and ink, painting in oil, acrylic and watercolor, jewelry making in silver, gemstones, beads, and glass, printmaking in copper, zinc, and woodcuts, producing SX- 70 manipulating techniques with an old polaroid camera, and photography with my canon, Nikon and android phone.
2. As a community builder, I have organized at least 1700 events through a social platform called Meetup and Bay Area Link Up. After 6 years of hosting events for Meetup and Bay Area Link Up organizers and founder, I started my own in 2013. They are called Bay Area Art, Music,and Culture Club and Bay Area Singles 35+ Meet Ups. There are approximately 1500 members in both organization. Meetup began after 911 to support the community of loved ones who lost friends and family in this horrific event in 2001. There are currently 300,000 Meetups throughout the world.
3. As a traveler and entrepreneur, my website called Gypsy Jocee is (www.gypsyjocee.com formerly www.pamperedtravelers.com) is travel inspired art blog to document all the places and the culture I experience that I visited in the last 31 years. Under construction, I am developing the website which will contain my artwork (paintings, drawings, jewelry and children's books. My art and travel blog not only include artwork inspired by my travels, it will also include local affordable events, activities, lodging and eateries locally, domestically and internationally as I travel the world. In the future, my art/travel blog will also include local tours, podcast and you tube videos. They will give travelers a bird's eye view of my experience exploring the places I've traveled as well as future place I explore. I have traveled domestically through 26 states and internationally through 6 countries.
3. As a spiritualist and an agnostic, I have studied Christianity, Buddhism, and The Kabbalah. Indeed, I want to keep up with other religious studies to enhance my being.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- How to be inspired by art while traveling on a budget.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Europe, because I am an explorer by heart and be inspired by the landscapes, culture and artwork of this continent.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- My 2007 Toyota Prius is the most surprising mode of transportation I've used. I took it through 16 states in 37 days, stayed at BLM (Bureau of Land Management lands and paid only $7 for lodging.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I usually pack for a trip a month before.