About meAfter many years in an engineering job, I quit my job and am taking an extended break from employment to make more time for myself and travel.
I am a serious hobby photographer with emphasis on outdoors, national parks, and landscape photography.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- My first international trip in high school went to Greece and included a homestay with a family in Patras. That trip continued to Italy, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Austria, West Germany a few months before the Iron Curtain fell in those regions.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Check if the hotel you made reservations has dropped in price, and then rebook at the lower price if you can still cancel the original reservation for free. This has saved me hundreds.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- Day before