Featured Member BadgeThe Nomadic Network Chapter Leader
About meMy travel goal is to visit and explore 80 countries by the time I am 80 years old. This aspiration began when I heard of my friend's grandmother accomplishing the same. I thought this was the best idea and started as soon as I could by trying to match my country count to my age. It's going much faster than I had imagined. I have currently traveled to 59 countries and I may even reach 80 before I turn 50 years old! I started this adventure out solo but as my journey has continued, my husband and two kids have hopped on this incredible ride with me!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Prague, Czech Republic - I moved there right after college and that kick-started my passion for traveling
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Immerse yourself in the local culture
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- The Philippines is pretty high on my list. Basically anywhere in the world I haven't been to yet!
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Camel through the Sahara Desert
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I'd like to say I start planning about a week in advance, but realistically I don't really start packing until the day/night before