Featured Member BadgeThe Nomadic Network Chapter Leader
About meHi! I'm Lisa from Portland. You know those occasional moments in your life when you list all the things you love and are genuinely passionate about? Mine have always been the following, in no specific order: Travel. Design. People. Food. Philanthropy. I have two amazing daughters in college, a significant other in the cannabis biz, and a Maltese named Louie. I have a lifelong obsession with travel, and when I'm not waist-deep in real estate I'm researching destinations, deals, and opportunities to travel the world. At least 2-3 times each year I travel with a medical volunteer organization and assist in the operating room. Every single time I pinch myself that I get to be a part of something so awesome. I'm so excited to be part of TNN, and I look forward to meeting other world travelers and sharing stories and ideas!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Santorini, Greece at age 15
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Constantly maximizing the value of those airline miles and utilizing those additional discounts they're always offering.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Thailand because it's gorgeous and so unique to anything I've seen before. Tuscany because its so romantic and I just love a good wine :) Croatia, Vietnam, and Ireland are also on the list.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- The back of a sugarcane harvesting truck.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- If I will be taking just the basics I will begin packing two days before. If I want to learn about the local dress code or become familiar with local styles I will begin a Pinterest board a few weeks before to gather ideas.