Featured Member BadgeThe Nomadic Network Chapter Leader
About meHi! I'm Lisa from Portland. By day I work in the busy real estate market that is Portland, Oregon (yes there's a reason people keep moving here, it's beautiful!). I have two amazing daughters in college, a significant other in the cannabis biz, and a Maltese named Louie.
I have a lifelong love of travel and when I'm not waist-deep in a home sale or purchase I'm researching destinations, deals, and opportunities to travel the world. At least 2-3 times a year I travel with a medical volunteer organization and assist in the operating room, and every single time I pinch myself that I get to be a part of something so awesome.
In 2019 I began a travel blog called HereonaLayover.com. My mission is to inspire others to explore and celebrate our amazing world, and to make a positive impact on people’s lives through travel and philanthropy.
I am a Portland Chapter Leader of The Nomadic Network. I'm so excited to be part of TNN, and I look forward to meeting other world travelers and sharing stories and ideas!
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Santorini, Greece at age 15
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Constantly maximizing the value of those airline miles and utilizing those additional discounts they're always offering.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Thailand because it's gorgeous and so unique to anything I've seen before. Tuscany because its so romantic and I just love a good wine :) Croatia, Vietnam, and Ireland are also on the list.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- The back of a sugarcane harvesting truck.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- If I will be taking just the basics I will begin packing two days before. If I want to learn about the local dress code or become familiar with local styles I will begin a Pinterest board a few weeks before to gather ideas.