About meI am a content creator and filmmaker, world traveller and one half of the team behind the Eileen Aldis YouTube travel channel (youtube.com/EileenAldis). Eileen and I sold our possessions in 2017, bought one-way tickets, and hit the road to create travel content around the world. We’ve been steadily building a global community of travel lovers who regularly follow along on our adventures. In addition to social media, I work in film and television as a cinematographer, editor, producer, and director. My writing has been featured in The Culture-ist, Beat Route, and Urban Monk Magazine. Throughout the late-90s and 2000s, I hosted a punk rock radio show called Honey, I Punk the Kids, and ran a punk rock website called Punktuation.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Mexico, Thailand
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Pack carry-on whenever possible. So worth it.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Antarctica. It's the last continent I need to visit and the one I've wanted to visit the longest.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Boot of a car.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- A few days in advance.