About meA Pacific Northwest native living in the Southern USA - for now. Looking to connect with likeminded folk and hear about diverse travel experiences.
Currently, I work remotely as a digital marketer for a software company. I am interested in a travel-related career, so I'm here to explore and hear from those of you who have made this a reality!
I've lived in big cities, tiny mountain towns, and traveled through everything in-between. I believe in diving headfirst into anything that gets your heart racing! As an adult, I've taught myself to ski, snowboard, and surf - which are all now deciding factors in where I live and travel.
Although I've traveled and moved around the states for the past 6 years, my first trip abroad was just recently in 2017. I visited Indonesia for 4 weeks and knew within the first week that this lifestyle was something worth pursuing. Since then, I've lived in two new states, been back to Indonesia each year, and spent a few long weekends in Europe.
During quarantine, I've been learning to roller skate and play the banjo (not at the same time). I am currently saving and scheming for my first multi-month trip, set to begin in early 2021 with an open-end.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Pack half the things you think you'll need, and always opt for the comfier clothes :)
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- It changes week to week, but a season of skiing pow' in Japan is topping my dream list.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- A local transport boat - sitting w/ the chickens and bags of rice instead of waiting for the tourist ferry.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- 2-3 days before departure