About meHello friends!! I am Nirupam Bhattacharya or “nirbhaya”. I’m originally from Delhi – The Capital of India, aka The City of Rallies. Born to Bengali parents with maternal & paternal Grand Parents from Bihar & West Bengal respectively. The youngest sibling after two elder sisters married to my lady love born to Bengali father and Himachali mother.
In short, if India is the subcontinent with unity in diversity then I am its true representative in geographical, social and cultural sense. Wait wait… there’s more to come…
After graduating in Life Science from Delhi University, I straight away jumped into the job bandwagon. But a desire to pursue a postgraduate degree in Science was always there which drove me to the farthest end of the country to complete my Masters in Science with Chemistry from Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu.
Growing up in a typical Indian middle class family, travelling, specially without purpose, was never a part of our lives. Whatever little bit travelling we did was either associated with good or bad news at relatives’ places. Till I was in middle school, visiting grand parents during summer vacations was a once a year affair, although.
I hadn’t went for a solo trip or even with group of friends till I was 26 years old and had been already in job for 5 years. It was a telephonic conversation with my college buddy, that inspired me to go for my first solo trip to Goa.
BUT, having “sold my soul” as a corporate slave over the last 15 years I have started to feel like I have already wasted the best years of my life behind a desk working day and night to fulfill someone else’s passions and dreams. There had to be more to life than this!
In spite of being a post graduate in science, I always have had inclination towards art, literature, cooking, singing, traveling and a newfound passion i.e. photography.
So, at last I am preparing myself to work towards realizing my passion and dreams. This initiative of having my own website wherein I can share my experiences and enrichment from traveling, is one noble step towards that.
While trying to start this website I realized that if you attempt to get out of the routine of your daily grind, you face new challenges which in turn helps you learn things and helps you analyses your skills and capabilities which had been dormant within you. Hadn’t you tried to do something new you would have never realized that you could have done that and one day would have died without knowing that.
In the years to come this about page may see some significant changes provided I am able to take that big leap towards life of a traveler. Till then, keep enjoying the small encounters of my life. There is so less time and so much to explore. I believe in the saying from the core of my heart that The World is a Book and those who do not Travel are Stuck to the Cover Page. I’ve just read the prologue. Hope the coming year opens a new chapter of the book of life for me.
I would like all of you to be a witness and part of my travelling journey so that we can share each others experiences and make the World a better place to travel.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- A short telephonic conversation with my Old college buddy working in Goa made me do decide to go and visit him. That was the beginning of my travel spree.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Get accustomed to the public transport system where ever you go. Tourists are generally easy scapegoats for Taxi and hired vehicle operators. plan your travel in advance to get best fare an hotel deals. Discuss in community to find someone known at the pl
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- New Zealand. Haven't had the opportunity to be there yet. But some day I shall definitely.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Had a helicopter ride from Katra to Sanjhi Chat while visit to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine in Jammu, India. Also drove a Tractor across Song river to visit Rajaji National Park from Nature Care Village, Rishikesh.
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- A month