10 | Events
About meHi! My name is Preethi. I'm an Indian American currently based in San Francisco, California. I'm a Marketing professional by day and a travel blogger/photographer by night, proving that you don't need to quit your job to become a travel blogger. I work with tourism boards, DMOs and hotel properties to create content for their Marketing purposes. I am also passionate about helping other women experience the outdoors in a safe, and responsible way. I recently led a group of 9 first time hikers on an 8-day hut-to-hut multi-day trek to Annapurna Base Camp, in partnership with a local outfitter in Nepal. You can read some of my travel stories in theflightdeal.com, Huffpost, Mumbai Mirror, Travel & Leisure Southeast Asia and Dave’s Travel Corner. For more of my photography and travel stories visit @eagertravele on Instagram.
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- My first trip to Africa made me fall in love with traveling - especially the city of Nairobi and the subsequent safaris I took in that regions.
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Buying cheap flights at midnight or at odd hours during the night!
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- I would go to Greenland. I want to camp out in nature and kayak through the icebergs. Because I feel like Greenland is still unspoilt and offers a different kind of insight into our planet.
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- Riding in the back of an open tuk tuk in Thailand
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- I start packing at least a week in advance