About meStephen is a serial travel industry entrepreneur and co-founded multiple companies in the tours & activities sector since 2005. He co-founded WalksofItaly.com, an online travel company for visitors to Italy offering sightseeing and VIP tours, in 2009. Walks has since launched tours in New York, Istanbul, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London, Athens, New Orleans, and San Francisco, rebranding as TakeWalks.com in 2018. Walks is now one of the largest wholly-owned operators of sightseeing tours in the world, handling hundreds of thousands of passengers annually, covering everything from walking tours, food & wine, day trips, and exclusive travel experiences. Stephen has spoken at numerous tourism events such as WTM London, NYT Travel Show, TBEX, TravelCon, and Arrival. He is an expert in technology and digital strategy, was featured in a NatGeo/Netflix documentary about traveling smart in Rome and has traveled the globe to over 50 countries.
- Reason for joining
- What is the country or city that made you fall in love with traveling?
- Italy - I lived there for 8 years
- What's your best budget travel hack or tip?
- Get a travel rewards card and use it to get free flights. Also look up 'hidden city' ticketing.
- If you could travel anywhere (regardless of time and money) where would you go? Why?
- Egypt for a month, it's a dream trip
- What's the most surprising mode of transportation you've used?
- I rode on an underground mail train car in London once
- When do you start packing for a trip? A month, week, day, or hour in advance!
- A few hours before, I'm fast!