Effective: May 13, 2022
Welcome to The Nomadic Network by Nomadic Matt, Inc. powered by BuddyBoss. Thenomadicnetwork.com (“Website”) and associated domains, widgets, or applications making up “the Service” are provided by Nomadic Matt, Inc. (“Us” / “We” / “the Company” / “thenomadicnetwork.com” / “nomadicmatt.com”), giving you (“the User” / “You”) access to our community platform.
Nomadic Matt, Inc is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our websites, Thenomadicnetwork.com and Nomadicmatt.com.
You can access Thenomadicnetwork.com and Nomadicmatt.com and browse our site without disclosing any of your personal data. Neither Thenomadicnetwork.com nor Nomadicmatt.com collects personal information about individuals, such as names and mailing or email addresses unless it is knowingly provided by the individual and that person has agreed to the terms under which Thenomadicnetwork.com or Nomadicmatt.com will use it.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is important to us. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information at our sites from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]
Disclosure of Information
Thenomadicnetwork.com and Nomadicmatt.com will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals. We may use IP addresses to compile and provide aggregate statistics about our visitors and traffic patterns, and to administer the site. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We collect only the personal data that you may volunteer while using our services. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
You are responsible for any personal information provided to The Nomadic Network while using the Service. Keep your password and personal information confidential at all times. Any information you provide will be treated in compliance with the privacy provisions of the Website.
Registration & Membership
You may apply to register as a member on the Website by providing (at minimum) a valid email address and your name. We are entitled at our sole discretion to reject any applications for membership.
Information We Collect on You
When you access the Website, the Company will learn certain information about you during your visit. As a business, we collect personal data from you in a number of ways, including:
- Newsletter opt-ins: Your name and email address
- Waiting lists: Your name and email address
- Transactions: Your name, email address, billing information and payment source
- Profile information: The information you choose to fill in when it comes to your profile
- Comments: Your name, email address, and comment. Please note that by posting a comment on this Site or in our forum, you consent to the posting of any personal information that you provide. You should be aware that such personal information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to these public areas. We have no control over how these visitors use your personal information.
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain this Website;
- To improve your experience on this Website;
- To respond to your comments;
- To provide you with user support;
- To provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, and/or to process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and to provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- To personalize and improve the Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
Similar to other commercial websites, our Website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and server logs to collect information about how it is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, the time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
The Company reserves the right to use technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. The Company reserves the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information you provide to us and the information we collect automatically. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors. Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our Website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
The Company may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, learning what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this Service remains available to all users, the Company uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Visitors’ GDPR Rights
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include the following:
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earliest of the following situations:
- Your asking us to delete the information,
- Our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or
- The Company’s decision that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon the consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Should you wish to have your information deleted, please email us at [email protected] and submit a request.
Please note that Thenomadicnetwork.com and Nomadicmatt.com contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave our site that they read the privacy statements of each web site that might collect personally-identifying information.
The Nomadic Network and Nomadic Matt, Inc. have financial relationships with a number of companies mentioned on this Website, and Thenomadicnetwork.com and Nomadicmatt.com may be compensated if you book via the links on this Website.
Your Use of the Service
You must not:
- Use the Service for illegal or immoral purposes or infringe any third party’s rights, including but not limited to privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- Cause harm or attempt to cause harm to another user; or
- Behave in a way that is offensive, racist, abusive, obscene, threatening or libelous; or
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any information available via the Service; or
- Misuse the Service in any other way
The opinions expressed using our Service, or on media linked to our Service are not necessarily ours or our affiliates’. We do not undertake to monitor or review all user-generated content posted using our Service, and any use of the Service will be at Your own risk.
If you consider that your rights (such as your privacy or intellectual property rights) are being infringed by another person, or The Nomadic Network, please contact us at [email protected]
We have the right to:
- Monitor and record any content and, at our sole discretion, remove for any reason any content submitted by you;
- Prevent your access to, or use of, the Website or Service or terminate your membership with immediate effect, in accordance with the termination provisions below;
- Make any changes to the Website or Service at our sole discretion or as required from time to time by law or any other applicable requirements; and/or
- To the extent permitted by law, use, distribute, reproduce, store, archive, publicly perform and display your content in any media whatsoever and to use your content for any purposes including but not limited to commercial, advertising, and promotional purposes.
The Nomadic Network Events
Through our platform, we provide tools that enable our members to arrange physical events (“The Nomadic Network Events”) at venues that include, but are not limited to, private enterprises (such as coffee shops and bars), hotels, convention centers, and parks. We do not supervise these events and are not involved with the actions of any individuals at these events. As a result, we do not have control over the identity or actions of the individuals who are present at events, and we request that our members exercise caution and good judgment when attending in-person events.
By attending a live event, you are responsible for your own safety. The Nomadic Network is not involved in the transportation to and from the venue, your interactions with other members, or the actions of any individuals at the events. By attending an event you take full responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
Limitation on Liability & Indemnity
We shall have no liability to you for any and all direct or indirect, special or consequential damages, claims, awards, costs, or expenses that arise out of the use of the Service or as a result of the use of the Service, to the maximum extent allowed by the law.
In any event, the sole remedy for any claims or dispute you might have concerning the Service or these Terms of Service is to discontinue using the Service.
- Our liability for death or personal injury due to our negligence or any liability that we are not permitted to exclude or limit as a matter of law; or
- Any of your statutory rights that may not be excluded or limited due to you acting as a consumer.